- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Thanks to the generosity of Cedar Key business and home owners, the Annual Firework Display will take place on July 4 at dusk (between 9–9:15 p.m.) from Cemetery Point.
Other Independence Day celebrations planned in the area include:
• Wednesday, July 3, Horseman’s Park in Williston. Free rides for children, entertainment all evening, food and craft vendors, parade begins at 5 p.m. Gate opens at Horseman’s Park at 6 p.m. Call 352-528-5552 for details.
• Thursday, July 4th, starting at 9 a.m., in Branford. Branford River Reunion Canoe & Kayak Race starts at Little River and ends at Ivy Park. Entry fee includes an event T-shirt: $20 for a kayak, $30 for two-canoe. Stay for a full day of activities at Branford’s Annual July 4th River Reunion festivities, with fireworks at dark, sponsored by Branford Outfitters. Proceeds to benefit Herry’s Kids Pediatric Services.
• Thursday, July 4, James H. Cobb Park in Bronson. Call 352-486-2354 for details.
• Friday, July 5, in Horseshoe Beach. Family fun, fresh local seafood, great barbecue.
• Saturday, July 6, in Suwannee. Vendors, food, crafts, golf cart parade at 4 p.m., fireworks at dark. Call 352-542-8776 for more info.
Be sure to check www.cedarkeybeacon.com for weather updates and potential cancellations.